Hey y’all! I’ve been using doTERRA essential oils for years now, and I finally decided to start educating people on doTERRA oils. I hosted a class a few weeks ago, and most of the people got the Beginner’s Trio. They love it! They’re putting lemon into their water, they’re sleeping better with lavender, and they’re getting rid of headaches with peppermint. I thought I’d give a brief overview of those three oils: lemon, lavender, and peppermint.
Lemon: doTERRA Lemon essential oil benefits the digestive, immune and respiratory systems.
Lemon essential oil is a really versatile oil. I’ve noticed that when I diffuse Lemon or just smell it straight from the bottle, it puts me in a happy mood. I feel positive and uplifted. Lemon is a great essential oil to diffuse to cleanse the air of some of the less desirable baby or animal stank. Kids and pets don’t always smell like the greatest, but you can keep your home always smelling fresh by diffusing the lemon essential oil.
doTERRA Lemon is a popular oil to add to your drinking water. Make sure you’re using a glass or stainless steel container, though! Essential oils can leech chemicals from plastic, and you do not want to be drinking that!
Got epic messes? Writing on the walls, stickers on furniture that leave gummy residue and stains on clothing? Lemon essential oil is the answer for all of these!
Also, lemon essential oil is fantastic for supporting the respiratory system. As a very gentle oil, it’s a great choice for adults and kids alike. The aroma of lemon is also viewed as a favorable choice for those who do not care for very intense scents. It’s an all-around favorite with good reason!
Suggested ways to use Lemon essential oil from doTERRA:
- Cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces.
- Naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion.
- Supports healthy respiratory function.
- Diffuse to promote a positive mood.
- Take internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.
- Add Lemon oil to a spray bottle of water or witch hazel to clean tables, counter tops, and other surfaces.
- Lemon oil makes a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes.
- Use a cloth soaked in Lemon oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments.
- Lemon oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals.
- Put on rag to help remove stubborn, sticky residue off surfaces.
- Wash hands with Lemon oil to remove grease after changing your oil.
Lavender: doTERRA Lavender essential oil benefits the cardiovascular and nervous systems. It also soothes skin. Lavender oil is well known for its calming properties to assist with emotional balance.
Lavender was the very first essential oils I experienced back in 2012, and I would spray it on my pillow to help me fall asleep. I don’t even remember the first brand that I bought from Krieger’s Market, but I could tell a noticeable difference when I started using doTERRA Lavender. DoTERRA sources lavender from France. My favorite uses are seasonal support, calming, and restful sleep.
Suggested ways to use Lavender essential oil from doTERRA:
- Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air with a light mist of Lavender combined with water in a spray bottle.
- Spray on your pillow before you go to bed.
- Add to bath water to soak away stress or apply to the temples and the back of the neck.
- Use in cooking to soften citrus flavors and add a flavorful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts.
- Take internally to reduce anxious feelings.
- Take internally for a peaceful sleep.
- May help to support a healthy immune system when taken internally.
Peppermint: doTERRA Peppermint essential oil is useful to the digestive, nervous, and respiratory systems. It also benefits the muscles, bones, and skin.
My favorite uses for peppermint essential oil include digestive and respiratory support. I also love peppermint to rub on my muscles when I am experiencing tension in my head or neck after a long day. It feels wonderful, very soothing, and cooling. I used it every day at AIT – it would be SO hot and we had to walk everywhere. And Ceremonial Band was outside for 2 hours! As soon as we’d get inside a building, I’d put it on and I’d immediately feel relief. Everyone else started asking for it, too! It also helped me to focus in the practice room – we had to spend at least 2 hours a day practicing, and you’d be surprised at how slowly 2 hours can go and how unproductive you actually can be! Peppermint helped me concentrate AND cool down – win win win (thank you, Pam)!
Suggested ways to use Peppermint essential oil from doTERRA:
- Headache? Migraine? Rub on temples and on the back of neck.
- Rub on temples after you wake up for a morning energy boost.
- Diffuse when feeling fatigued or low on energy.
- Take one to two drops in a Veggie Capsule to alleviate occasional stomach upset.
- Place one drop in your mouth to help freshen breath.
- Add two to three drops to your favorite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist.
- Place one drop in the palm of your hand with one drop Wild Orange and one drop Frankincense and inhale for a midday pick-me-up.
- 1 drop of Peppermint in a glass of water promotes digestive health – it helps reduce bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion.
- Congested? When inhaled or diffused, it clears airways and eases breathing.
- Mix doTERRA Peppermint essential oil, doTERRA Lavender oil, and lotion for a soothing massage blend.
- Add to shampoo or conditioner for a stimulating hair massage.
- Repel bugs naturally – fill a water bottle with Peppermint and spritz around windows and doors.
- Diffuse during study-time to focus and concentrate – great during standardized tests!
- Apply topically to relieve feelings of tension.
So there you go! You can expect more posts from me about different essential oils, and if you want me to talk about an oil or a health issue in particular, let me know! Leave me a comment or shoot me a message, and I’ll be happy to give more information 🙂
Verse of the Day:
- Galatians 2:20
- I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.