I wanted to write a post about what I’ve been obsessed with lately, and I was tossing around different titles for this post. Things I’m Obsessed with Lately, Things I’m Loving Lately, but I landed on What I’m Loving Lately. And then I wanted to make it into an acronym, because aren’t all things better as acronyms, and I realized that What I’m Loving Lately is… WILL. So that’s pretty coincidental, huh?! A good reminder. Thanks, God 🙂
- TV Shows
- This is Us. Of course! Who doesn’t love this show? I save this for my long dreadmill runs.
- The Good Place. Kristin Bell is so funny! She dies and goes to “the good place,” but she certainly does not deserve to be there. She’s there in place of another (the REAL) Eleanor Shellstrop, who actually belongs in the good place but is in “the bad place” instead. Everyone is matched up with a soul mate, and Chiti is Eleanor’s soul mate. She quickly figures out that she doesn’t belong, and she ends up telling Chiti. He starts giving her lessons on ethics and morals, and it’s pretty funny! They can’t swear, so expect a lot of “forks” and “bullshirts.” That’s the beginning synopsis of the show, but there’s some great twists, and the second season is completely different based on what happens in the first season.
- Alias Grace. YOU MUST WATCH THIS! It’s another Margaret Atwood book that Netflix turned into a mini-series, like Hulu did with The Handmaid’s Tale. Alias Grace is a frame story that takes place in 19th century Canada, and Grace has been accused of killing her master and his mistress. She goes to trial, ends up in an insane asylum, and gets interrogated by doctor after doctor. Now she’s retelling her story to a psychologist, and the show switches from present-day into the past. I’m hooked! Four episodes in 🙂
- Scandal – but not as much lately. I’ll tell you what, the first few seasons drew me in like no one’s business. But now I just watch it out of “habit,” I suppose. I want to see how it’s going to end.
- The Office – another DUH. Again, great for dreadmill runs! There’s nothing like revisiting old TV shows, like…
- How I Met Your Mother. It’s going off Netflix in November, so Will has been speed-watching the episodes. We’re close to the end, I think.
- Running still, obviously. It’s fun not to be so structured, but I’m still getting in decent mileage. I’ve been running pretty regularly with the Portage Lakes Running Club, and those people are amazing! They’re fantastic runners and just nice people!
- Kickboxing/HIIT. Gold’s Gym was running a special for two personal training sessions for $99. I talked them into splitting it into four half-hour sessions, yay! The trainer is having me do some kickboxing and interval training, and it’s been really fun to mix it up lately. My gym also held a fitness competition, and I won! If I beat the rest of the members, I’d get one free training session, but if I beat the trainers too, I’d get two free training sessions! I scored a 97%, and the highest trainer score was 89%. Sorry, Charlie, but I just won two free personal training sessions!
- Yoga. Yoga does have magical qualities, after all! But it’s really great to go into the hot room and connect my breath to my movements and work on letting things go. There are mental and spiritual elements to yoga as well, even though we put most of the emphasis on the physical aspect of it. The physical part is actually only one of 8 different aspects of yoga. I’m so excited to going to Asheville in January for my YTT to learn more!
3) Reconnecting with people
- My relationships with my friends and family weren’t necessarily a priority for the last year or so. Now that I’ve been home, I’ve made a conscious effort to spend more time with the people I love! It is easier now that I’m not teaching but when I get busier again, I need to remember how awesome it is to spend time with friends!
- I’ve been experimenting with eating foods that are out of my comfort zone, and it’s been tasty. After the Columbus marathon, I ate gluten-free cheese-free pizza, and that’s the first time I’ve had pizza in YEARS.
- Mostly, though, I’ve been scarfing down the candy! More specifically – caramel M&Ms! And Russell Stover dark chocolate hazelnut caramel pumpkins.
- We make chia seed pudding at Yoga Bliss, and that’s pretty bomb.com!
- Larabar seasonal flavors – snickerdoodle, gingerbread, pumpkin pie… oh yeah.
- They sell more than just “scents.” doTERRA provides alternatives to over-the-counter medicines, and they definitely improve and manipulate my mood and feelings. It’s kind of crazy! Plus I like to clean with them. I’m glad that I’m diving back into a more natural way of living.
This isn’t necessarily a #6, but I DO love the color that I painted the bedroom this weekend!
And I feel like it’s still way too early for this, but… LOOK HOW CUTE THEY ARE!!
I get to see Katy today – she’s getting her eyes lasered! Yeesh but I’m glad I get to see her. And I see ALL my Army peeps Thursday and Friday and some of them on Saturday, too! Happy Rainy Monday, everyone!
Verse of the Day:
– 2 Timothy 3:16-17 – All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
This is my reminder to get into the Bible daily! It is the ultimate plan for life. I follow the Bible app’s OWNit365 Whole Bible Plan, and I listen/read the plan every day. It’s been a great way for me to remember to read the Bible. And now it’s just a habit, finally! I still need to work on pulling more from each chapter and the verses, but step-by-step!