Wow! I haven’t written since November! EARLY November, even! Well, a lot has gone down. So here’s just the yoga updates… I’ll do a separate photo dump post of my time in Asheville for Yoga Teacher Training and the last few weeks I’ve been home. Oh, and I need to talk about the 50K ultramarathon that Lori and I ran after Thanksgiving! THAT was an awesome time. The doughnuts from Ms. Julie’s Kitchen… OH YEAH.
But first, here’s my yoga teaching schedule! I’ll keep everyone updated as I add classes 🙂
- Monday – 6:30 PM at Janelle’s barn (we’re calling this Blue Heron Yoga – I’ll explain later)
- Tuesday – 9 AM at PLX Fit Club
- Wednesday – 6:40 PM at Gold’s Gym on Waterloo
- Thursday – 7:30 PM at Release Yoga (just on March 1, so come support me!)
- Saturday – 10 AM at PLX Fit Club
- Sunday – 8 AM at Gold’s Gym on Waterloo
- Sunday – 6:30 PM at Audrey’s (we’re calling this Rooted Yoga, since it’s in Audrey’s basement!)
Addresses of the yoga studios:
- Blue Heron Yoga – 12160 Hoover Ave, Uniontown, Ohio 44685
- Rooted Yoga – 1842 Thornhill Dr, Akron, Ohio 44313
- PLX Fit Club – 3681 Manchester Rd, Akron, Ohio 44319
- Gold’s Gym – 432 E. Waterloo Rd, Akron, Ohio 44319
- Release Yoga – 880 E Turkeyfoot Lake Rd, Uniontown, OH 44312
As far as pricing goes, each class is structured a little differently. Blue Heron Yoga is $10 drop-in or $40 for 6 classes. Rooted Yoga is $5 drop-in or pre-pay in February for one month for $20 / pay on the first class in March for $25 (no refunds for missed classes). PLX Fit Club is $5 drop-in. Gold’s Gym is for members only, or you can buy a guest pass for the day. Release Yoga is $16 drop-in or new student special, 2 weeks for $20! It just depends on who hosts the class – I let them set the price! Still, each yoga “studio” is MUCH cheaper than a normal yoga studio. Yoga Bliss is $16 drop-in, and the cheapest class pass you can buy is $130 for 10 classes! Other studios are a bit cheaper, but still. I know that price keeps a lot of people away from yoga, or otherwise they do just yoga at home. Yoga at home is AWESOME! I do tons of YouTube yoga videos. But there’s something about practicing yoga in a group – the sense of community is such a great feeling!
Blue Heron Yoga at Janelle’s barn… I’ve always had an affinity for blue herons. They remind me of my grandma (mom’s mom), Nana. I was so close to Nana. I visited them in Zanesville a lot during college. I played the piano for their dinner theater cocktail hours, we would go to a restaurant that had a live pianists on the weekends, we went to The Wilds, and I visited many many times in the year before she died. So whenever I see a heron, it totally makes my day. It’s impossible not to feel uplifted when I see a heron! They’re so regal, so majestic, and they’re freaking huge even though they seem so fragile! Anyway, my amazing friend, Erin, wanted to design business cards for me. THANKS, GIRL! I told her I wanted a blue heron. And look how BOMB the cards are!
Yeah. She’s freaking talented. She made the little heron guy do those poses! Like, she manipulated the images somehow. I don’t even know, but I’m super grateful for her and I love the cards!
As soon as I got home from Asheville, I was talking to Janelle about hosting a yoga class in her barn. She was totally on board, because she’s an awesome friend. Then I mentioned that it would be amazing if we could start a small studio there, with morning and evening classes a few times a week. And I told her I wanted to call it Blue Heron Yoga. Ummm… apparently there’s a blue heron that lives in the pond behind the barn. Obviously it’s meant to be!
SOOOOO come on out to one of my classes and get your yoga on! I’m going to use this blog as a platform for All Things Wellness, so it’ll be information and tips about yoga, doTERRA, running, health, and I’ll sprinkle in some bits about my life (and Maggie, duh!) in the meantime. It won’t change that much, but I hope you will find it helpful!
We’re still going to have a Verse of the Day from the Bible app!
- Joshua 1:9 – “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
I don’t think there could be a more appropriate verse for me to meditate on today. I hope it speaks to you, too! 🙂